Friday, July 19, 2013


The View Over 40!
 
Being a reader, I discovered many of the books in the romance market had characters under the age of thirty as the heroine. Being a woman over 40, I wanted to write about a heroine going through the same inner turmoil as someone from my generation. I believe the over 40 female reader is woefully underrepresented in today's market. I set out to write a character that many women could relate to, and to cover issues that are part of getting older. I also wanted to tackle the foibles of marriage. A lot of books end at the "happily ever after" part in a story, but fail to cover the challenges of marriage through the years. In Diary of a One-Night Stand, we find a woman, Kara Barton, in her forties, grappling with a stale marriage and searching for more. Her decisions are not every woman's decisions, but I feel many women can relate to the issues she tries to cope with. Kara embarks on an affair with a business associate, and it turns into something much more than she ever imagined. Her marriage falls apart, and she tries to make important life choices for her and her ten-year-old daughter, Simone. I know many readers take issue with the whole concept of infidelity, but it is a fact that such shortcomings are common in the world. I did not want to glorify any extramarital affair, but show how such an encounter could not only pull a marriage apart, but also strengthen it. Diary of a One-Night Stand, I hope, gives a reader pause and helps them to consider that the grass is not always greener on the other side of marriage. Oh, and did I mention that it is also a pretty hot love story. So, if you are looking for a steamy read with some valuable, thought-provoking content, pick up Diary of a One-Night Stand, and see how great life can be after 40!  

2 comments:

Amy Valentini said...

Excellent read, I certainly recommend it. Would make for a wonderful weekend read, y'all. : )

Karen C said...

This is next on my reading list after The Secret Brokers. Finished The Satyr's Curse yesterday - immediately went to your website to find out when the next in the series comes out!!